I need ideas for seats!

nick1284s

Cadet
I'm doing my first rebuild, and its on a 16' aluminum v bottom "aqua swan". I pulled out the shotty plywood floor that the previous owner had put it, and I plan on using a roll on truck bed liner on the inside (anyone have any problems with this getting too hot?). I need to put seats in it, and I just want basic bench seats. anyone have any ideas or tips for this? Thanks!

Also, the trailer i have has no vin and did not have a license plate on it. Does anyone know if i need to register and plate that trailer in indiana to make it legal?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: I need ideas for seats!

Welcome to iBoats!

I recommend you do a search on truck bedliner here on the forum. I think you will find that it is NOT recommended for Tin Boats. Lot's of different reasons. There are lots of threads on seats and pics too! I do not know about trailer licensing in Indiana.

nick1284s

Cadet

do you have any suggestions as to an alternative than?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Were you thinking of removing the plywood floor and just not replacing it and coating the hull itself with bedliner?

Huron Angler

Admiral

I concur with Wood on this one...I used a spray bedliner on my 12 foot tinny and have regretted it ever since. It fades pretty bad in the sun, makes future repairs difficult and adds lots of weight to the hull.

If you mean to cover the deck with it, I'd recommend marine vinyl like Nautolex, great product and super durable.

Welcome to the tin can club:D

nick1284s

Cadet

Were you thinking of removing the plywood floor and just not replacing it and coating the hull itself with bedliner?

yes, I dont want that floor anymore, it was very heavy and we were sitting up high, so the boat was very tippy.

nick1284s

Cadet

ok, I went out on a limb because I was tired of killing myself over the "what ifs" and i drilled out the rivets where the origonal seats were, and used a 2x4 (not treated) frame bolted directly to the side. The bolts are only about 6 inches from the top, so they're above the water line. I've heard gluvit is some great stuff, so if there is any problem with leaking, I'll coat the carriage bolts with that. I've only got 600 total into boat and trailor, so i figured it would be worth the risk. I'm going to try and get it out next weekend and test for watertightness, and I'll let you guys know how it works. cross your fingers for me.