chrysler

RRitt

Captain
Re: chrysler

as you stand on ground facing the rear of your boat, look on the left transom clamp. There should be an identification plate.

If not then take pictures of your engine with cowl off from starter side, from ignition side, detail shot of trim motor and transom clamp, and general shot showing overall motor from top to bottom. People here should be able to identify from photos if you can't find the tag.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

This won't be too much help but:: from my limited info the 85 was available
69-73 and 78-84.

O.K. Thank you, Steelespike and R.Ritt I very much appreciate your assistance.Now, here,s what I have,my outboard engine is a Kiekhaefer Mercury 85 hp six cylinder,serial#1577457.Does any one know what year this engine might have been manufactured?If I can figure this out then I could get a manual and that would take me a long way towards understanding this thing.thank you all so much!
H.T.
p.s. jeez! Ive been thinking this whole time that it was a chrysler! But it's not. It's a mercury!Arrrgh any way thats it ! its amercury! Sorry I am such a dunce!
H.T.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Take the information from your last post and post it in the Mercury forum. Make the title What year Mercury 85 hp six cylinder,serial#1577457. You will get more help there then here.