65 16' Starcraft renovation

Metro Angler

Recruit
Hello -

I've been readin this forum for a few months and have learned quite a bit and would like to thank all the people that have documented the rebuilding of their boats as I'm doing the same. I'm currently working on a 1965 16' Starcraft that was a runabout but changed to a fishing boat when I acquired it 2 years ago.

With the help of some friends the boat was gutted, cleaned, and reinforced with gluvit last fall. After a winter of sitting in the garage I'm back at the boat and have the floor almost ready to be screwed in.

I'll do my best to post pictures of my progress but would like to again thank the people that have written of their remodels/resorations/renovations as I've learned a ton and wouldn't have had the confidence to take on the task myself.

Ryan

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 65 16' Starcraft renovation

Welcome to iboats.

Good luck! Many of us have felt the same frustrations .......... there will be some ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome. Looking forward to the pics!

Huron Angler

Admiral

Welcome aboard Metroangler, this place is excellent for knowledge, motivation and entertainment:)

Make sure not to use pressure-treated wood in aluminum boats, epoxy resin is great to seal the deck. Look forward to some pics:)