HELP!!!!!!! bad gas+aluminum tank

blazefighter08

Recruit
i have a 12 gallon aluminium gas tank that had gas sitting in it for about 7 years now. i believe it had fuil stabilizer in it but the gas smells bad. so i wanna clean out my tank very good. how do i clean it? NEED HELP. its fishin weather down here in FL.

biddle1950

Seaman Apprentice
Re: HELP!!!!!!! bad gas+aluminiumbtank

can you get the tank out of the boat?

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

Take it to a radiator shop if you can get it out of the boat. I had my 50 gal. aluminum tank done last week, and it's spotless inside now.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: HELP!!!!!!! bad gas+aluminum tank

i have a 12 gallon aluminium gas tank that had gas sitting in it for about 7 years now. i believe it had fuil stabilizer in it but the gas smells bad. so i wanna clean out my tank very good. how do i clean it? NEED HELP. its fishin weather down here in FL.

Ermmm.. I would say take a chil pill first off..

Its been setting for 7 years..and all of a sudden you Need to fix this problem this week ....

Does your gas tank actually belong to a boat..or is it just sitting outside somewhere..

Its allways fishin weather down in florida ( albiet possibly not for much longer ).

First Posts like this kinda seem .. um.. Weird if you catch my drift..

OH..btw this is the wrong forum .. we are glass guys here :) not a " how do I wash a potential bomb out clean " forum.

Sorry IF I sound rude or offended you .. Not my intention.

YD.

biddle1950

Seaman Apprentice

Ermmm.. I would say take a chil pill first off..

Its been setting for 7 years..and all of a sudden you Need to fix this problem this week ....

Does your gas tank actually belong to a boat..or is it just sitting outside somewhere..

Its allways fishin weather down in florida ( albiet possibly not for much longer ).

First Posts like this kinda seem .. um.. Weird if you catch my drift..

OH..btw this is the wrong forum .. we are glass guys here :) not a " how do I wash a potential bomb out clean " forum.

Sorry IF I sound rude or offended you .. Not my intention.

YD.

not all of us work on new boats. some of us have repaires not paid for by people with money. if you dont want to help dont reply. it is a simple trank wash question. blazefighter, keep posting. we will help if we can.

blazefighter08

Recruit

Dear YACHT Dr. first off when you have to apologize for being rude or offensive its because you ARE being rude and offensive. Second, this boat belonged to my grandfather for 20 years was always garage kept and looks today like the day it was purchased. The reason for the bad gas is my grandfather passed away and the boat stayed in the garage because we had a hard time accepting his passing. I was given the boat as a Christmas gift from my grandmother.
Thank you biddle1950 for your input.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

7 years is alot of time..you have one of them "tanks" then ?

Dear YACHT Dr. first off when you have to apologize for being rude or offensive its because you ARE being rude and offensive. Second, this boat belonged to my grandfather for 20 years was always garage kept and looks today like the day it was purchased. The reason for the bad gas is my grandfather passed away and the boat stayed in the garage because we had a hard time accepting his passing. I was given the boat as a Christmas gift from my grandmother.
Thank you biddle1950 for your input.

I dont mean to be rude...but for 50 bucks and 5 mins on google you can find a brand new poly tank thats gonna work.

This was your First post here on Iboats..and not even a Hello or thank you for help..

It seems I offend alot of peeps..dont take it personal ..

YD.

jonesg

Admiral

Anytime, well most of the time, where there is a pro interacting with the general public it often sounds abrasive, but isn't.
Its just that pro's are used to talking with other pro's and use a certain style of communication.
I find the best way to learn from the pro is to just shut up. So I shall.;)