Boat Value

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Boat Value

Welcome to iboats.

Real tough question. Be prepared to provide a water test and be able to explain the maintenance performed. Pretty pictures will not sell it....... but the hull looks like it is also due for a good cleaning.

It also has one of the least desired outdrives....... your trailer is probably worth more then the boat :(

rob_ross

Recruit

Welcome to iboats.

Real tough question. Be prepared to provide a water test and be able to explain the maintenance performed. Pretty pictures will not sell it....... but the hull looks like it is also due for a good cleaning.

It also has one of the least desired outdrives....... your trailer is probably worth more then the boat :(

Thank you for the welcome. So I've had a couple of calls on the boat and I told them that I was looking to get a $1000 bucks. I don't know if this is a good price but I only paid $500 and have a couple hundred invested to get the motor running. They keep saying "whoa, thats it?"

So now I'm wondering if $1000 is too low. Is the ez loader trailer and outdrive worth more than $1000?

Thanks for your help.

Brewman61

Ensign

So ask $2000. If some pays you that much, it's up to them. You can always negotiate from there. The outdrive is considered a liability for those in the know.

rob_ross

Recruit

So ask $2000. If some pays you that much, it's up to them. You can always negotiate from there. The outdrive is considered a liability for those in the know.

So thats the second mention of the outdrive. What's the deal with this type of outdrive?

nlain

Commander

OMC, not built anymore and parts are sometimes hard to find for starters.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Take the first $1000 someone shows up with.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

those calls that say "whoa, that's all" are not sales. The fact that they aren't says your price is too high.

Pricing high is a risky strategy; the phone will stop ringing, and you have helped the buyer decide that the one next door for $1,200 isn't bad.

What you put into an old boat is 100% irrelevant. You don't add points; but you can lose them!

Always take the first offer.

Now that I've looked at the pictures, I'd say what you paid for it was fair. You can bump ot up a little but not much. Of course that's based on my boating market where that type boat is not popular; yours may be different.