shifting noise?

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Alpha one gen II, the boat been sitting for 3 months I started the boat yesterday and when I go forward or reverse I can hear a loud noise, I keep going forward and reverse and the noise when away after 15 minutes what was the cause of the noise, just because I didnt run the boat for some time thanks...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: ENGINE question?

Hello there I have a 1995 wellcraft with a older 305/228 mercruiser engine Im looking forward to upgrade to a 350, I can get a crate ATK engine for a really good price what year of truck I should look for the engine, and I know I have to change the freeze plugs, water pump, head gasket for marine parts, what else I need to change on that motor thanks again...

Ayuh,.... Hard to say,...
A 228 would be a Pre-87 motor, while a 1995 would be an 87/95 vintage block...

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hello there BONdo I already have the 228 running on my wellcraft 1995 with a alpha one gen II.

Bondo

Staff member

hello there BONdo I already have the 228 running on my wellcraft 1995 with a alpha one gen II.

Ayuh,... It appears you've edited yer post, Completely....

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: shifting noise?

Alpha one gen II, the boat been sitting for 3 months I started the boat yesterday and when I go forward or reverse I can hear a loud noise, I keep going forward and reverse and the noise when away after 15 minutes what was the cause of the noise, just because I didnt run the boat for some time thanks...

3 months is not that long being dormant. Usually most are 6 months +. You should have been nosing around while it was making noise... to see where it was coming from. What did it sound like? Metallic, or what? You think from the drive? Help us out.