I actually caught something today at the lake...

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
We were at the no wake area at saguaro lake today and we stopped to eat some lunch and jump in the water...I pulled up my danforth anchor and low and behold on the line was another identical danforth anchor and a broken peice of line...

So if anyone lost a 15lb danforth anchor at saguaro I found one...I think they cost 45$ or so at marine shops...I will give it back for 39$ + a small donation...J/K...:eek:

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: I actually caught something today at the lake...

You sound like you have the same kinda luck I have. Find things in the most weirdest places.

I once found a $100 bill on a windy day when the boss man told me to go sweep the parking lot.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

It's always a nice surprise to go fishing and catch something.:rolleyes:

roncoop75

Petty Officer 1st Class

I once found an ENTIRE COMPUTER while bank fishing.

Middle of summer, I see something odd in the bushes. Reel in, dig around and it's an entire Apple IIe. Monitor, CPU even a 5 1/4 inch disk drive. Took it home and it works great!

I'd like to put it on a small desk in my computer room. Would make a nice conversation piece in contrast with the other three I have in there.

aspeck

Staff member

I'm not surprised that you would catch an anchor in the water. Neumanns taught us that anchors love water several years ago (http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=28882&highlight=anchors+love+water). That is one truth that hasn't changed over the years. Anchors still love water, and if you are going to catch an anchor you have to use the correct bait (another anchor or a lower unit) and catch them where they will hiding ... :D

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself any longer! ;) :p