Volvo Seal kits?? Confused about part numbers??

Jeepster04

Chief Petty Officer
In this thread, DonS told me to get the upper and lower seal kits for our DP-A outdrives. Our boat has two 500A volvo's with DP-A drives. DonS said to get kits 876266(upper) and 876268(Lower). I found both kits for cheap on ebay but they only had one of each, so I got them. Later on, I ordered another set so we would have a upper and lower set of seals for both outdrives and according to volvo's website I got 876266(Upper) and 876267(lower). SOO, this 876268 lower seal kit Ive spend $80 on, whats it for? B/c its not for a DP-A drive. :(

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=372098

The one thing the 876268 kit doesnt seem to have is the prop seals, which is the main thing I want.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Volvo Seal kits? Confused on part numbers

SOO, this 876268 lower seal kit Ive spend $130 on, whats it for?

it's for a single prop lower not a DP. Sorry about that. :redface:

Jeepster04

Chief Petty Officer

Wonder how many of the seals will match up from the single prop to the Dual prop? Buying just the prop seals separately would cost like $50 :eek:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wonder how many of the seals will match up from the single prop to the Dual prop? Buying just the prop seals separately would cost like $50 :eek:

Very few, only the ones between the intermediate and the lower will be the same. Everything else is completely different.

Jeepster04

Chief Petty Officer

Well one out drive doesnt have any water in it(The other does), so we shouldnt need the prop seals. Guess the seals between the lower and intermediate is all we should need, besides the drain plug seals. Would the drain plug seals be the same(Looks like they are)?

Suppose the upper seal kit is the most important since weve gotta take the upper gear case off to change the bellows.