Stupid weather@#%^$#^%$

G

How am I supposed to get out there fishing if the weather won't warm up enough to let ice melt and flow out of the great lakes so I can get out there :mad: :facepalm: My son and I went to the US Friday for a fishing equipment shoping trip. When we came back over at Port Huron the Canadian border guard said that he has been fish in Lake Huron for many years and it looks like this year the ice won't be out until maybe the end of May or even in June because most of Lakes Superior and Michigan are still frozen solid and most of Lake Huron is ice packed! So that meens that if I want to get out into Lake Erie where I live it won't be until maybe June or July that totally sucks :eek: :mad: Now what do I tell my wife when she askes why I bought the boat in the first place. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can tell here :confused:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Stupid weather@#%^$#^%$

How am I supposed to get out there fishing if the weather won't warm up enough to let ice melt and flow out of the great lakes so I can get out there :mad: :facepalm: My son and I went to the US Friday for a fishing equipment shoping trip. When we came back over at Port Huron the Canadian border guard said that he has been fish in Lake Huron for many years and it looks like this year the ice won't be out until maybe the end of May or even in June because most of Lakes Superior and Michigan are still frozen solid and most of Lake Huron is ice packed! So that meens that if I want to get out into Lake Erie where I live it won't be until maybe June or July that totally sucks :eek: :mad: Now what do I tell my wife when she askes why I bought the boat in the first place. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can tell here :confused:

Pack your bags Baby!... we're moving to Florida!!!:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Pack your bags Baby!... we're moving to Florida!!!:D

Yep! Took my little 14 footer out yesterday just to let her run..

2011-04-02_16-01-58_164.jpg

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Seriously though, Lake St. Clair is close to you and should be iced out soon if it isn't already... and I'm sure there are other smaller lakes to fish.

nrmi76

Cadet

my first thought was your in need of a move but realistically maybe just a good warm vacation would do the trick. good luck my friend.....

reel clownz

Seaman

Man i feel your pain, I fish erie all summer long. I bought a new bought in the fall last year and man is mother nature punishing me for that purchase. It sits in my driveway covered up as i sit in the house listening to the cold and rain and snow fall.,.... Man that makes me mad. So dont feel bad youre not the only one out there. However i live a bit south of erie in Pa... The water is warming the buhes are starting to get a leaf or 2. lol It will come trut me. But yes i would check lake st clair. Thats and awesome lake great fishing.Well even if its not it will get you ready for erie or michigan or huron or whatever else you fish!! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!

G

LOL you guys sure know how to make man feel like he is not alone in this type of weather "Thanks!" I just need a few good weeks of real warm and sunny time to get the ice out of here and maybe then I'll feel a lil beter. I do need a lil time to get my boat up to snuff for this year as the previous owner didn't do a very good job :facepalm: (if any of taking care of it. Stuff like bottom paint, wax, fixing light/wiring problems and the regular maintainance you normaly do to keepo ur boat in tip top shape for the season. He was a warf rat partier and not much of a sailer to speak of. When I go this boat it was a real mess because of lack of regular maintainance. So guess who has to do it now :( ? Oh well at least I know it will be done and done right the first time as well! Then I can go out fishing my twin 6 yr old grandsons and have some good times to remember when I get older and they too will remember good old Papas boat and catching the BIG ones to tell thier kids as well. THAT is why we old fellas :cool: want to take out grand kids out on the waters our 2 great nations.
Does anyone want to disput that???