Center Console Control Panel

fstrube

Recruit
IMG_2844.jpgIMG_2844.jpgWe have a 1995 21' Skeeter Bay Pro Center Console. We do not know what all the switches are for. You can press the button up or down. How can I find a picture or guide for the buttons.

Last edited:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Center Console Control Panel

Welcome to iBoats

I assume this isa new-to-you boat.

some of them may be spares and not hooked to anything; look underneath and see.
If there is a switch that has 3 positions, it's for your running lights.
The ones with a red light are often hooked to a pump (live well, bilge) so you know when it's on. Even when my bilge pump is on auto, the red light comes on if the float switch is activated. Locate the bilge pump and the livewell/washdown pump(s) and see if they make noise when you flip a switch.
There is no hard and fast rule about how they are hooked up.
My new-->used boat had the switches labeled but the sun faded them; see if you see anything still there.
Even if you found a on owner's manual, the diagram might not match your actual set-up.

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You might also want to do a search for the appropriate boat/yacht wiring color scheme. Then, assuming you can see the back side of the switch panel, you may be able to at least get a good idea of what's what...assuming they followed the guide.

fstrube

Recruit

Thank you so much. Yes, first boat and seems there is so much to learn. I did not quite understand your comment on:

My new-->used boat had the switches labeled but the sun faded them; see if you see anything still there.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

my boat was used but new to me, soI didn't have the advantage of seeing the labels when you could see them, but faintly I can make out "bilge" "cabin" etc. Maybe yours does too