Beware the Cedar Waxwings!!

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Cleaned and lubed my boat,motor,trailor yesterday(25 mphwinds gusts to 40!).didnt bother recovering it,might go fishin today.When I went outside today I noticed a flock of Cedar Waxwings in the trees above me,they have a distinct soft call.I approached my boat to find it covered,I mean COVERED w bird poop!!Quarter sized splats of black seedy mess.Is this a sign not to go fishing?.Or they just dont like my boat or truck?!!!:eek::facepalm:

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Beware the Cedar Waxwings!!

Hey, ya left them a target of opportunity and they took it. Sorry, never to windy to place cover back on the boat, especially after it has just been cleaned.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Beware the Cedar Waxwings!!

Its just a camo jonboat that I hose off occasionally.but it was everywhere!could not put my hand on the boat w/o touching it.I hosed it off before it got too dry.I cant park my boat anywhere theres not a tree overhead,except on my crappy grass out in front of the house(wife wont let me).Might have stained a glass boat or messed up carpet!.I saw them eating buds off a white pine,directly above my parked boat.