V-6 200 HP Mercury Outboard Air Intake Filters

lauke

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a 2120 Robalo Center Console boat a few weeks back and I just took the cowl off yesterday only to find a blown in-line fuse that sent power to the ignition switch, two burnt wires and that the (2) vertical air filters are not present on the intake. Somebody has taken them off and I don't want any dirt going into the carburetors. The only thing that I see is several empty threaded machine holes in the intake casting. Does anyone have these parts or a part number? My engine model number is 1200642 and the serial number is 6158668. Getting that ignition switch wired up properly is a whole other issue for a separate post.

~Ken

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: V-6 200 HP Mercury Outboard Air Intake Filters

No air filters on an outboard.J

lauke

Seaman Apprentice

It could be item 9 Gerry. I don't have any parts to refer to. All I know is that there is a vertical rectangular opening on each side of the carburetor air inlet where a filter should be. The trick is to find somebody who has these parts for an older beast like mine.

~Ken

lauke

Seaman Apprentice

No air filters on an outboard.J

There are definitely parts missing here as evidenced by all of the empty machine screw holes. Something has to stop the crap from entering the carburetors.

~Ken

carholme

Rear Admiral

Ken;

Though the Crowley listing says NLA, if you click on Other Options, it appears that they may have an aftermarket design as they state "ships in 3-5 days". Worth a phone call or email.

How many screwholes are there at the position you are referring to?

Gerry

Senior Chief Petty Officer

FWIW I've never owned an outboard with any kind of flame arrester or air cleaner. I don't think there's really that much dirt or debris for an outboard to suck up in the middle of a lake.

merc850

Commander

Those tubes are for air intake tuning there are no filters involved. Try a Mercury dealer.

lauke

Seaman Apprentice

Those tubes are for air intake tuning there are no filters involved. Try a Mercury dealer.

OK, I now understand that there are no flame arresters or filters involved here. I was just taking a stab at what might have been there. Can you please explain "air intake tuning"??