Minn Kota Troubleshooting

Harry Collier

Recruit
I have just installed my Minn Kota 55PD and am having an issue. I can turn the unit on and then turn it left and right, but I can not get the prop to function. Any ideas?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Minn Kota Troubleshooting

Did you move the speed control up and then step on the "go" pedal. If the speed control is set to "0" that's the equivalent of OFF. If the "go" pedal doesn't seem to do anything, set the MOM-CONT switch to CONT (continuous). In the continuous mode the motor will run constantly at whatever speed you have selected without stepping on the "go" pedal. If this doesn't work, you have a bad connection in the plug from the pedal. Disconnect and reconnect it several times to ensure the contacts are clean. I did not see "V2" in your description so I assume this is a used PD with the flat connector rather than the smaller round connector found on the V2. If you bought a used motor there is a good chance you also bought a bad foot pedal.

Harry Collier

Recruit
Re: Minn Kota Troubleshooting

I did adjust the MOM-COM switch and then step on the pedal as well. It does also have the wireless remote which gets the same results. I will clean the connections later today and see if that is the issue. I did buy this from a friend, and we have used it many times on his boat before I bought it. It does have the flat connector as well. I think it is an issue with the wirring and I have a good idea of how to tackle that tonight as well. I appreciate the input! HC