Eagle Cam

DaNinja

Lieutenant
H/T to Terry at MWBP. This is a great nest cam for a pair of eagles up in Iowa.
First eaglet was born this morning and just recieved Chunk O' Bunny for it's first meal.
I think the second chick is starting a breakout.

Great site to show the kids or grandkids!

Eagle Cam

DaNinja

Lieutenant
Re: Eagle Cam

Parents may need to be prepared for the, "Daddy, why is there a bunny sleeping in the eagle nest?" question. :)

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Is your link to youtube? Whatever it's to, it's blocked on my hospitals computers:(. I'll try to see it tomorrow morning when I get home... That's assuming I'm not on a late transport...

Anyway... Thanks for sharing, Ninja. Can't wait to see!!!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Is your link to youtube? Whatever it's to, it's blocked on my hospitals computers:(. I'll try to see it tomorrow morning when I get home... That's assuming I'm not on a late transport...

Anyway... Thanks for sharing, Ninja. Can't wait to see!!!
If you pan over my link, you'll see the address appear in the bottom left of your screen. It's a "UStream" site.
If they block YouTube, it's likely they would block a streaming site. The government networks were the same way.

The stream is up 24/7 lately. They'll switch to the night vision cam after sunset.

Whooot! There's fuzzball and a sibling that's trying to breakout and join him/her. :D

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

So be honest here fellas, after watching these Eagles rear their young the past couple days, I have grown very proud of our National Symbol the Bald Eagle. But the one thing that really sticks in my mind is are these birds as P****D OFF AS THEY LOOK! I mean good lord they look almost evil! just the stare is penetrating and yet they always look like that! Who in there right mind would mess with them!!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

So be honest here fellas, after watching these Eagles rear their young the past couple days, I have grown very proud of our National Symbol the Bald Eagle. But the one thing that really sticks in my mind is are these birds as P****D OFF AS THEY LOOK! I mean good lord they look almost evil! just the stare is penetrating and yet they always look like that! Who in there right mind would mess with them!!
Now that you mention it... Do mom or dad ever sleep? I don't think I've seen them close their eyes.
Maybe they nap somewhere else before shift change.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

funny how it sometimes doesn't matter what species, raising children is exhausting!!LOL

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Did you see the look on that eagle? whatever she wants she gets!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Ok, the eagle nodding off is not helping me stay awake. :D
Time to wrap up the night.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

We also have one! at NCstateuniversityeaglecam ,What a great use of technology.Im also sorry to say in the last couple of days a mature Bald Eagle has died here(Wise N.C.) after being shot in the wing.He evedently was on the ground for days before being found and though they tried, it died.Who would do something like that?There is a large investigation and reward.I hope they catch the SOB. update,our local eaglets are leaving the nest already,hopping around the tree and the spring foliage is begining to block the signal.This nest has been active for three years I believe.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

well I think I have seen everything other then both mom and dad at the same time I think there is one more egg to hatch too, thought I saw three eggs

rbh

Fleet Admiral

A little off topic, but not much.
It is nice to see that since they have stopped using DDT and other harmful pesticides the return of the raptors, eagle, osprey, hawks, falcons ETC
There was a time that due to the pesticides in the food chain the eggs would not develop.
(the shells were to thin or the egg mass was no good)

DaNinja

Lieutenant

well I think I have seen everything other then both mom and dad at the same time I think there is one more egg to hatch too, thought I saw three eggs
There's mom and dad together. Shift change?

And gone in the time it takes this board to refresh....grrrrr

It looks like the third egg has a pretty good crack going.