Loss of Family member

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class
This past weekend my father-in-law lost his battle with cancer. He was in the marine business for 30+ years has worked for OMC, Boston Whaler, Wright Outboard Marine and most recently owner of West Coast Sales. He spent the last 10 years restoring a 1967 40' Chris Craft Connie with twin 427 engines!

RIP you will be missed

DSCF2212.jpg

DSC_3552.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Loss of Family member

Very sorry for your loss, sounds like a great man. I love old Connie's :( :)

sasto

Captain

As a cancer survivor myself who lost both parents to cancer, I understand how he will be missed. Looks like he led a happy, productive life. RIP to a fellow boater.

Good Luck, wa_ssv197

aspeck

Staff member

I love old Connie's :( :)
QC, you may be in trouble with both Mr. Ladyfish and Ladyfish after that comment! :eek: (She did just have a birthday, you know!)

As for the original post, sounds like a great man, and from the pictures he knew how to do a great resto!

Sorry for your loss. May the memories be sweet.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Sorry to hear that, by the looks of that boat(yacht) it sounds like the world lost a great man, having been through it to many times with cancer, I can honestly say I understand and send you my thoughts.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Sorry to here about the loss in the family, the great boat restoration says many good thing about the man.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Sad to hear of you're loss rbh. My prayers for your family members.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sorry for your loss wa. I know when my FIL died a few years back, he was one to be missed.

On another note, I hope that his beautiful boat will go to someone who will appreciate it. As time marches on I become more aware that there are many things that I have poured my heart into that might not end up with someone who appreciates them. Currently both my kids, that might care, live too far away to retreive them.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sorry for your loss wa_ssv, may he live on in your hearts and memories. Beautiful Chris Craft restoration.

Our condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. Cancer is such monster and has taken way too many good people.

I pray for a cure one day where a terminal cancer will be a thing of the past.

nlain

Commander

Sorry to hear of your loss, from what you say and the looks of the boat he was a great man who loved his boats. May he rest in peace, his suffering is over. I watched mil go with cancer, my mother was lost to cancer and I have had a touch myself, lucky mine was found very early. May God be with you and comfort you in this your time of need.

Friscoboater

Captain

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. That is one gorgeous boat.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great man.
May his great resto bring some great memories in this time of great loss.

wa_ssv197

Petty Officer 1st Class

The good news on the boat is that if we don't find a buyer we have decided to donate the boat to Center for Wooden Boats and they will then sell it and use the money to fund their boat building classes and camps for children!

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

The good news on the boat is that if we don't find a buyer we have decided to donate the boat to Center for Wooden Boats and they will then sell it and use the money to fund their boat building classes and camps for children!

WOW! that's awesome..his legacy will live on through what he has left behind..