New to the area (Columbia, SC - Lake Murray)

Anyone in the Columbia, SC area. I just moved here and wondered if anyone had info on boating in the area or would like to show me around Lake Murray one weekend. I have a wife and a kid and we enjoy boating.:)

nlain

Commander
Re: New to the area (Columbia, SC - Lake Murray)

Welcome aboard the best boating forum there is. I am not from there, I know some people who live there, it is a beautiful lake, I have been from the dam all the way up in the Saluda River, the day of that ride we made the trip up several of the streams that come in to the lake. I can get rough when the traffic is heavy, early in the mornings it can be as slick as glass. Bomb Island is out in the middle of Lake Murray, it is a popular hang out for boaters it is also the home of the Purple Martins, you have to watch them come in late one afternoon, never saw so many birds in one small spot, it is a site to see. there are many coves that you can anchor in, some real busy, some not, it is a great place to be, at least I think so.

robert graham

Admiral

Pine Crest Marine would be some good folks to meet and know, check them or local Walmart for possible chart of Lake Murray. Good Luck!

captain zac

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been on the lake for 10 years
What part of Columbia do you live?
The big hang outs for you might be interested
Rusty Anchor Lighthouse Marina( dinner, drinks, plenty of parking)
Sandy beach ( good place for the kids to play)
Bomb Island ( its great if the water is down but not so much when the water is high)
No Name Cove ( the best anchoring spot on the lake )
Buffalo Creek (Good food and not a bad place at night has bands on the weekend)
Spinners ( good food nice beech and outside bar requires a membership I think 85.00)
we have a poker run coming up
we have tie ups through the summer
send me your contact info and I can keep you updated

Harry

Thanks for all the great info. I live in Irmo about 10 minutes from the dam. I usually put in at the dam. I've been out a couple of time to make sure my boats ready for the summer, but I haven't done any real exploring yet. My e-mail is xander.farrington@gmail.com.