texas titles

jaybow

Seaman Apprentice
I recently asked a question on the Forum that was possibly inapproiate? Chalk it up to ignorance. I am still going to school. I have found sites for TPWD and phone numbers for that information. A life long Texan, I am a bit embarassed by the results found. Oh Texas isn't the only state with stupid requirements, but ...- The upshoot of it all is YES,You have to have a title in texas. Age nor hp count. So... be aware!!

Humbly jaybow:eek::mad:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: texas titles

Posting an inappropriate topic? For shame!:facepalm: I won't tell the mods if you don't.;)Thanks for sharing the results of you query.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

If you have a boat that is only registered and not titled in Texas, it is not required to get it titled until it is time to sell it. My boat has been registered-only since I came here in '92. I think the law changed shortly thereafter. I plan on having a Viking funeral in it when I pass, so there should be no need for a title. Lay me in the floor, cover me with 500 lbs of Kingsford, soak us down good with starter, light us up and push us down wind.......

jaybow

Seaman Apprentice

Okay y'all It's about time I updated this thread so. To title in Texas one must go to the local tax office [where you get car tags and such], have serial no's for motors so the clerk can determine which paperwork is needed. They can then do a title search.I've checked on 10 so far all came back"no title". You will then get three papers. One form PWD 144, onePWD504, one PWD314. A NICE clerk will explain what each is for. Fill out each, pay your money and wait. Three to four weeks, less you want to pay $35 on top of the $27 just to expedite somethin' you shouldn't need anyhow. I've emailed their Sen. and REp. [ain't mine] to ask for relief on this. Ain't holdin' my breath.
Hope this will grade that road for someone. jaybow

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

If it works, tell the polly-ticians they can cancel Gov. Goodhair along with the useless laws.

thaphillips

Cadet

Okay y'all It's about time I updated this thread so. To title in Texas one must go to the local tax office [where you get car tags and such], have serial no's for motors so the clerk can determine which paperwork is needed. They can then do a title search.I've checked on 10 so far all came back"no title". You will then get three papers. One form PWD 144, onePWD504, one PWD314. A NICE clerk will explain what each is for. Fill out each, pay your money and wait. Three to four weeks, less you want to pay $35 on top of the $27 just to expedite somethin' you shouldn't need anyhow. I've emailed their Sen. and REp. [ain't mine] to ask for relief on this. Ain't holdin' my breath.
Hope this will grade that road for someone. jaybow

The DMV looked at me like I was crazy going in there asking about boat title.

I went to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept to title my boat in Texas.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/faq/fishboat/boat/registration_and_titles/

jaybow

Seaman Apprentice

If it works, tell the polly-ticians they can cancel Gov. Goodhair along with the useless laws.

A direct hit tm! I'm only waiting to SELL som'thin' so I can pay the first fee so I can SELL som'thin' !! Have had some minor results in contactin' Con. & Rep. Simple "Yea, We got yer email" So What??
Thanks for reply, I'm gonna' keep stirrin' Hope we can all stand the smell. jaybow

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer

The DMV looked at me like I was crazy going in there asking about boat title.

I went to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept to title my boat in Texas.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/faq/fishboat/boat/registration_and_titles/

Ya, that's what I had to do. The DMV will help you with the boat trailer, TPWD titles and registers the boat. Aside from having to go to two different places, it's relatively painless as long as you have your documents in order.

jaybow

Seaman Apprentice

thaphillips Glad you are here Welcome! Thang is I'm in Denison and you are in Dallas! Vas Differens. Up here DMV takes care? of boats 'n motors [as a courtecy] for TPWD. I won't hold it again' ya that you share a last name with a local pol. 'Least you have found a good informative site with lots of nice forks. Keep postin'
Hasta Luego, jaybow