where do i find a prop for my boat on this website!!??

retrota79

Seaman Apprentice
hey everyone im still having trouble finding the right link on this website to find the right prop for my boat. boat is 93 glastron with 4.3 volvo penta eng,drive (SP drive) now where i am supposed to choose the sterndrive.... the list does not show just SP drive..they show a aquamatic 290 SP drive but thats 290HP...not even maybe... the only other one that even says SP is the "SX drive, single propeller sterndrive".

is my drive called somthing like the aquamatic somthing rather? im new to this and just unsure to which link it is...
sorry for the rediculous questions but someone has to ask them..
thanks!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: where do i find a prop for my boat on this website!!??

If you type the year and/or complete model number in box that currently shows "Aquamatic" (that's just an example of the information they want) and then click search it will take you to available props. If you just typed the year and SP you get the complete list and still need to determine what you have. Get the compete model number off the drive ID plate.

RandyEvers

Cadet

The prop selection icon on the AiBoats website gives erroneous information on some motors. I have a 20 H.P., 1973 Mercury 2-stroke. When this information is entered into the prop selection criteria, all of the props suggested on the website are all 3-blade props. This is incorrect. This motor was shipped from the factory with a 2-blade, 11 pitch aluminum prop. I bought this motor used, with a 3-blade prop. When I switched to the factory-recommended 2-blade prop, speed at full throttle increased by 12 mph. This little motor drives a 14' aluminum Valco boat and with the 2--blade prop, it will put the boat on full plane and gives just over 30 mph.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I just put in 20 hp 1973 it came up with an 11" 2 blade and 2 smaller 3 blades all unavailable.
I would suspect your 3 blade was the wrong pitch either very low pitch or really high .
Most likely the 12 mph difference is the boat able to plane with the proper pitch prop.
2 blade wot top speed would generally be somewhat higher than a similar 3 blade.
But the 3 blade will typically perform better overall with heavier loads likely be more resistant to venting.

wellcraft19

Petty Officer 1st Class

To original poster:

For the SP drive, you will need a propeller that fits the 290 drive (long hub, 17 spline).
Don't worry about the horsepower. I have an SP-A outdrive with an I-4 engine that "only" cranks out some 167 hp.

RandyEvers

Cadet

Thanks for your comment friend,
No, they were both the same 11-pitch, but the boat comes to a complete plane with the 2-blade and wouldn't come close to plane with the 3-blade. total weight without people is 500# for boat, 150# for motor and about 100# for misc. gear. Total: around 750 lbs.
Have a great day.

Randy