2011 Tracker Targa V18 WT

dahogman

Seaman Apprentice
I ordered this boat last Monday with the 150 Optimax. Anyone have any opinions or helpful info? I am also trying to find where to buy accessories for the versatrack system this boat has. I really need to get some rod holders but can't seem to find versatrack stuff anywhere. I sold my Lowe FM 165 with a Merc 60 4 stroke to buy this. I needed more room for family fun and more fishing buddies. I am more than a little nervous due to all the Tracker stories though.

fnfalman

Recruit
Re: 2011 Tracker Targa V18 WT

I replied to "Help" dated 3/15 about my Targa expierences. My dealer has just ordered the versa trac accessories in. Thats all Ive seen offered so far. I think the front walk through rod storage area needs reinforced on the sides to keep the lid from shifting. Bracing the sides and putting tabs to keep the lid from shifting will help. Watch your fuel gauge when filling. She will spew really bad if you dont slow down the pump when the tank is about full. I wish they would have offered a trolling motor with a built in transducer. I told my dealer that if the boat said something other than Tracker on the side I would have bought it a long time ago. Im still worry about all the Tracker stories too.

jackballin

Cadet

Man, i'm sure you have a nice boat! People log on when they need help, they don't log on just to say I have a nice boat and got a great deal. I want to trade my PT 170 TX fand buy a V18, strictly for the space and family but the thing runs like a champ.

dahogman

Seaman Apprentice

Man, I got on here to try and find some versatrack accessories. Read my post slowly. I am well aware of the purpose of this forum. Thank you for trying to correct me though.

jackballin

Cadet

Wasn't trying to correct you, I guess that came off wrong. You mentioned you were worried about the tracker stories and the next post mentioned the tracker stories also. I was simply saying not to worry about the stories because you have a nice boat, when you lg on to these forums you don't here people say the positives, only the negatives.

Man, I got on here to try and find some versatrack accessories. Read my post slowly. I am well aware of the purpose of this forum. Thank you for trying to correct me though.

dahogman

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you. Still can't find any accessories though, this is crazy.

I am a 2011 tracker deep v 18 combo owner and previous 2009 deep v 18 and you will love your boat. I think the problem in all these bad experience stories are with Bass Pro Shops Maintenance people that do not have a clue. I think the 2011 is built much better less the paint on the bottom of the hull. Tracker does not use a primer before paint, the use an acid wash prior to paint instead of primer, but that is another story. The boat is spacious compared to other trackers. Enjoy
Tom H

fnfalman

Recruit

I took the targa to lake Mil Lacs in Minn. for a week. Handled great. Had a couple days with 3' to 4' rollers. My friends Crestliner was taking a few over the bow. We stayed dry. I did feel like the settlers did when totaly surrounded by Indians. Indians as in Lund, Alumucraft, Crestliner and so on ; )