Bench Seats

zach103

Commander
How are your bench seats set up? how are they held up i mean. i want to have the bench seat to be sturdy because thats how we board but i want to put a cooler in the middle of it underneath. Whats a good way to go about this and keep some structural integrity.

heyyou325

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bench Seats

I had an old wooden boat in the early 80's. As I recall it was like 8 ft wide. I used a 1X10 piece of redwood with 4 inches of foam rubber for a cushion. Forget what I wrapped it with to keep the water out, then used some outdoor carpeting. On bottom I had 1X2's screwed front and back the 2" down. I had a 2X2 bracket on the sides you could lock it in, or lift it out and have the whole deck open. It didn't sag at all in the 4 years I had the boat, even spanning the about 8 feet. Boat's a whole nother story .

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

use marine plywood and put a support in the center and on each outside then you can slide a cooler on either side underneath use at least 3/4 inch glue and screwcover with foam and marine vinyl.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How are your bench seats set up? how are they held up i mean. i want to have the bench seat to be sturdy because thats how we board but i want to put a cooler in the middle of it underneath. Whats a good way to go about this and keep some structural integrity.

Here's some ideals. :)

P1010576.jpg

P1010575.jpg

P1010577.jpg