2002 Mercury 125 will not go into gear

magicman1223

Seaman
Hey guys,

I have a 2001 Tahoe q3 with a 2002 mercury 125 Outboard that was installed when the boat was manufactured. Doesn't make much sense but thats what I was told when I bought the boat. Last summer everything was great except one time I pushed the button to put the motor in "throttle only" and it would not come out of throttle only until I pulled on a little plastic pin that was behind the button for "throttle only" Other then that all last summer everything was great. Today I took the boat out to troll around the lake a little bit and put the boat in "throttle only" this time however it would not come out of it for anything. I remember reading a while back about how some mercury controls had a problem that i am having but I cannot find that information anywhere now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2002 Mercury 125 will not go into gear

Hey magicman,

Ricky Bobby here . . . I moved this over to the Mercury OB section since, uh, it's an OB :D You had this in the Mercruiser I/O section. Common mistake. Good luck!!

magicman1223

Seaman
Re: 2002 Mercury 125 will not go into gear

Thanks appreciate it.. I was going to add a reply right after I posted it to have it moved.