What remote is this?

QC

Supreme Mariner
And what does it fit . . .

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've done some searching and I am finding mostly inconclusive stuff with the exception of this from Dhadley:

Any OMC control box with a built in harness with a red cannon plug will work. Those were made from 1973 to 1995. The early shift and throttle cables had removable ends, the later ones had the ends made on the cable. Either will work. You can use a side mount box, a binacle mount or a conceled side mount. There are also aftermarket control boxes that will work, anything advertised to work with 1973 - 1995 motors will work. 1996 & newer boat harnesses did not have a red cannon plug but can be adapted to work on your motor.

Now that seems to wrap it up with a tidy little bow, but I am curious about the separate cable for what I am guessing is trim and tilt.

A buddy of mine found this in his garage. Brand new, never been mounted. He thinks he bought it for his boat. He has a Merc and it's an I/O, other than that he was close :facepalm: I can't find any identifying numbers on it at all. And I guess you split the case to install throttle and shift cables?

Attachments

• OMC Control 1 for iboats.jpg
    OMC Control 1 for iboats.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0
  • OMC Controls 3 for iboats.JPG
    OMC Controls 3 for iboats.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 0

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What remote is this?

Bump ^^^^

JWhit

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes i have the same controls, came with a 77 johnson but as mentioned will work for many years of OMC/johnson/evinrude motors, including my 89 with the red plug. yes you will have to unscrew the two halves to install the control cables, one for throttle one for shifting. believe the red/green/blue is the tilt trim as well, although mine goes to a relay box so do not recognize that plug

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah that's a pretty standard OMC control. Should work for anything '73 well into the 90's. Super nice one, should be worth a good bit.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Odd to me that I can't find a part number. I do see them quite regularly on eBay etc., but other than a couple of idications like Dhadley's it is hard for me to understand the plug usage. Apparently you can get adapters to use it on newer motors. Does it have an alarm?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Dhadley has covered the description of the box expertly as always. The additional 3 wire (red,blue,green) plug pertains to the Power Tilt Trim unit if the engine should be equipped with one.

First time caller, long time listener:

I have one very simular. What does the twisty knob between the key and fuse do? And what is the function of the locking lever on the top?

Thanks in advance...

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

The knob is a friction adjustment for the throttle lever. If by locking lever you mean the black lever that you lift up, it is a cold start lever to increase the RPM, used during warmup.

The knob is a friction adjustment for the throttle lever. If by locking lever you mean the black lever that you lift up, it is a cold start lever to increase the RPM, used during warmup.

Most appreciated info. Thanks.