Power Trim and Tilt Problem

kward

Recruit
I have a late 80's Suzuki 175 that I am having a little problem with. The motor worked perfectly last year, but when I pulled it out to use this year I noticed the power trim and tilt would leak down slowly when I raised it up and stop mid height. It also lowers after I trim it up while driving. I checked the oil and it seemed fine and I see no visible leaks and made sure the manual screw was tight. I have tried everything to my knowledge and I am at my wits end end .... please help

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Power Trim and Tilt Problem

Sounds like internal valves are leaking by.
You may try opening the manual and moving the motor up and down a few times by hand and then reseating the manual just to make sure it is not something in it not seating.
But it may be something you will have to take tilt and trim apart to find. Probably best done by professional

Mattee

Recruit

I have the same prob, with a 200 exante. i 've worked out it is a loose wiregoing to the tilt. There is 3 bolts to remove, one right at the back of the cylinder. can anyone tell me, what i need to do to get to it. Do i have to lift the motor off the transom?

sttopr1

Cadet

I have a 1986 DT115 and it is doing that except it will go all the way down and also will lower all the way when cruising. No visible leaks. Browns Point suggested checking the manual release valve on the pump assembly since it is doing this in both trim stages.

clevecan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a DT150 1986 that i'm not going to use so anyone need parts just say so.

stevoboats12

Cadet

Hi i have a dt 85hp suzuki and the trim moter just spins,like its not engaged in the lower half,ive toped up with fluid.the abendix is not engaging in the bottom can anyboby help please