Post your helpful Doral or general boating Vids/Links for everyone's benefit

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice
10 more days until April, but who's counting, right? All you Doral experts out there, If you keep a good list of links to video clips or websites which another Doral owner (or, boat owner for that matter) may find useful, please post them on this thread. It'd be nice to be able to collectively benefit from this information. Specifically, I'd be interested in a "how to" video pertaining to installing an anchor windlass, basic engine maintenance for a Mercruiser I/O, maintenance on a Bravo III lower unit, installing underwater lighting, installing a remote spotlight, seat reupholstering, patching small holes in the fiberglass, replacing anodes, replacing a lower unit, etc. The topics are really endless and are only limited by our creativity and ability to research the net. We could all start a library of these and have them handy when we need them. This will get us warmed up and ready for spring launch. I continue to enjoy reading all of your post and I look forward to these contributions!

JBF 1962

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post your helpful Doral or general boating Vids/Links for everyone's benefit

Great idea for a thread Seamonkies! It'll likely be extremely invaluable to us all :p

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Post your helpful Doral or general boating Vids/Links for everyone's benefit

I find it very difficult to locate, and thus post, Doral-specific information. I hope you guys have better luck. Doral-specific links/vids would be most beneficial since they seem to be so challenging to find. With any luck, someone will point right this ship and point us in the right direction...

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great thread suggestion. I will see what I can find.

Jlee815

Seaman Apprentice

I found this video today of a 2010 Doral prestancia from our friends at Top rack marina. It is a boat test and it also has a part two... I could not find anywhere else to place this video but it is helpful to Prestancia owners for a comparison of their year model to a 2010. What I found useful is the most fuel efficient cruise of a 2010 with 5.0 Volvos match what I like to crusie at in a 1990 doral with 4.3 mercs. RPMs for a cruise of 25 MPH seem to match up and everything. Please note The 2010 will blow me away at the top end of the spectrum I cant even imagine my boat doing 47MPH but the 2010 does at WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhcGJumFhU&NR=1

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I found this video today of a 2010 Doral prestancia from our friends at Top rack marina. It is a boat test and it also has a part two... I could not find anywhere else to place this video but it is helpful to Prestancia owners for a comparison of their year model to a 2010. What I found useful is the most fuel efficient cruise of a 2010 with 5.0 Volvos match what I like to crusie at in a 1990 doral with 4.3 mercs. RPMs for a cruise of 25 MPH seem to match up and everything. Please note The 2010 will blow me away at the top end of the spectrum I cant even imagine my boat doing 47MPH but the 2010 does at WOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxhcGJumFhU&NR=1

Would love to watch this but there is no you tube in China. Internet is government regulated !!! :mad:

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

That is one bea-ti-ful boat. Wow, wish mine was as nicely decked out. Funny how it was tested on a lake with absolutely no chop, waves, or whitecaps. Wonder how it would hold up to being beat to death coming into an inlet from the ocean after the wind started to blow. I've had to endure that before and my kids were scared to death. She holds up pretty good, though, and cuts throught the waves pretty well. The cutting board on my stove top was the only thing that jostled loose and flew about the cabin a bit. Outstanding video, however. I really enjoyed it. Going to watch it again.... later!

Seamonkies

Seaman Apprentice

http://custom.buyitsellit.com/26871...ealing for Bolts or Screws in Cored Boats.pdf

I found the link above from another thread I was reading on this site. I thought you guys might find this kind of reading beneficial for when you're trying to install a snowmobile lift onto your tansom.... just kidding, but if ever you have to "Drill Baby Drill", you'll know how to properly fill a hole. Me? I'm too skeerd to drill ANY holes.... into my boat, that is.