Deck replacement

repo guy

Recruit
Greetings, I have a 1981 Glastron SSV 167, 16' boat and need a total deck replacement. Does anyone have any tips, or help that I could use for replacing it myself. I figure I should do it so I can get a feel and learn about my boat as well. I just got it this weekend. I have pulled up the carpet and wow what a mess under it. Rotted wood and a few holes in the plywood as well. This is my first boat that I have owned but not my first time in a boat. was in the Navy for many years and now time to be my own skipper. :) So if anyone has done this or anyone can help please help me out. Thank you fellow boaters and boat lovers!

Grant

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Deck replacement

As someone who HAD a 18' bayliner from '88 and just last week spent $46K on a new glastron so I wouldn't have to deal with a deck replacement I would go to the restoration forum and post pics, list the make, model, motor size, and everything you can about the boat...Those guys will give you a no nonsense opinion of whether its worth it or not...For me it wasn't...:eek:

repo guy

Recruit
Re: Deck replacement

Thank you for the advice! Other than the deck needing replaced, the boat is in amazing shape. New paint, new interior on seats and bulk heads, rebuilt evinrude 115 motor. Just would hate to see all the hard work down the drain over a deck. But I will take your advice and post in the restoration fourm as well! Thank you again!