1997 yamaha 225 alarm

Hoonah

Recruit
I have a 1997 225 yamaha saltwater series 2 stroke. I have an alarm when I start the engine and its not all the time. If I rev the engine up to about 3000rpms the alarm goes away but if I go back to idle the alarm comes back. Also there is nothing showing on the tach display. I can run my baot with the alarm going off and as soon as I get the engine up around 3000 rpms or so then the alarm goes away then when I lower the rpms the alarm comes back. This can go on for 10 or 15 min. then everything seems to be fine. I have checked the oil tank, thats good. The water stream from the engine is normal. Again this isn't happening everytime any help would be great.

Hoonah

Recruit
Re: 1997 yamaha 225 alarm

I can't belive this site. There are people that want to know what to pull there boat with and they get over a 100 replies and I ask a question about my outboards and NO answers at all. Well I found my problem myself. I will not bother with this again thanks for all the help

Mr Al

Recruit
Re: 1997 yamaha 225 alarm

I can't belive this site. There are people that want to know what to pull there boat with and they get over a 100 replies and I ask a question about my outboards and NO answers at all. Well I found my problem myself. I will not bother with this again thanks for all the help

I am sorry no one replied. I just bought a boat with the same outboard and have a similiar problem. Could you please inform me of what you have done to fix it.

Thanks