Crestliner Fans help!

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone had any experience with the Crestliner Vanguard Model boats? I have had three Nordic style boats. A 1985 16 foot Nordic, a 1989 17.5 Phantom sst Nordic, and a 1988 19.5 Phantom Nordic. All have had outboards and were originally set up for fishing. Two of them I completely restored to be just pleasure bow riders. The all welded aluminum hulls are great. I purchased a sales flyer from Crestliner from 1989 and saw they made a European style bow rider that is very sharp looking and it is constructed of Aluminum. I have searched the internet for 2 years looking for one in existence and haven?t found one yet. Just the other day I came across one for sale with very few hours on it and in prefect condition. After just recently selling the 16 footer I feel it is time to add to the fleet. It?s a 18.5 footer with a 3.7l Merc cruiser. 165hp. This boat should fly. My 17.5 with a 120 looper on it does 50mph when empty. I can?t imagine what this boat will do. My question is how are these motors? Does anyone have any experience at all with the Crestliner Vanguard? How does the Hull handle? Any information would be great!

Happy Boating!