This trailer roller setup doesn't look right

sdilecce

Cadet
I've bought a 19' Invader bowrider, and the trailer needs some work. I've never owned a roller trailer but this setup doesn't look right. There are 12 large rollers total. 8 at the rear, and 4 closer to the front. Is this enough to support the boat? There are no indentations or damage to the hull, and it looks like this trailer setup has been used for a wile this way. What do you think?

Re: This trailer roller setup doesn't look right

What doesn't look right? That's how most setups work on roller trailers. I think that mine has 8 in the rear and 8 in front but you should be fine. Most of the weight is at the back of the boat with the motor.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

From what little we can see, it looks typical. Are there keel rollers also? If so, good to go IMHO.

etracer68

Ensign

Looks to me like the rear ones are sitting on the ribs. On my setup they roll on the flat areas. The rear inside one doesnt look good. I have the newer style on mine, if your going to buy new ones, I think the centers are better.

swl

Seaman

My trailer looks just the same as yours. The thing I have noticed is if I dont get it just right when loading the boat, it will settle a little left or right and the rollers dont end up on the flat part of the hull. I just float it enough to center it, then its cool. I've thought about adjusting the front ones a little to help the boat center, or even some post guide ons, but a lot of other crap on my wish list too! But your set up looks pretty normal to me

G

All looks good to me from what I can see.I just replaces all the rolers on my trailer and they look like thier in the same place as yours are for best support.

sdilecce

Cadet

Thanks for the replies. The boat is sitting a litle crooked on th trailer right now, hence the rollers in the wrong place. My concern was that there weren't enough rollers.