Best Lund model?

drice379

Cadet
What is your opinion on the best model Lund? When I look at their website there are a lot of different models and its hard to tell which is best. I'm want one for fishing some inland water and some larger water like St. Clair and Erie. Also, what is your opinion on a good length?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Best Lund model?

Best model is a very open question. Best model for you probably would not be the same for me or someone else. As is the same that there is no perfect boat.

You are going to need to determine what your needs are. Big water, small lakes or a combination of both? Steering console or tiller? Easily trailerable or moored?
Lake St. Clair and Erie I would think that you would like something at least 17" with a high freeboard. Though on calm days and a good weather eye you could possibly do well with a 14' as long as you can get off the water in a hurry.
My suggestion to you would be to find a dealer and actually go look at them. Get inside and see how they feel. Always keep in mind what kind of fishing you'll be doing most.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Best Lund model?

I like there new model Impact, which comes in 3 lengths, from 17-19'.

The other new model is the Fury and it's a nice 16' open tiller model.

For Lake Erie I'd recommend the 19' Impact for Musky fishing, for a salmon/walleye trolling rig the Tyee is a great one too. Can't go wrong really, all nice boats.