Remove Steering cable from OMC intermediate housing

horseflysc

Cadet
OK, I have my OMC 3800 with Intermediate drive (still attached) but unhooked and unbolted from everything and moved to the center of my deck. Want to lift it up and take it all out of the boat but I'm having a problem figuring out how to detach the steering mechanism at the back of the engine. I don't plan on reusing this but I don't want to tear it up as I have a friend who wants it for his old OMC setup. Anyone have any ideas. My two service manuals don't say squat about how to remove this. I took 2 pictures and attached them. Hopefully they will show up.

Attachments

• Steer1.jpg
    Steer1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Steer2.jpg
    Steer2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Re: Remove Steering cable from OMC intermediate housing

remove outdrive
slide long skinny cotterpin and plastic sleeve off of rear drum assembly
steer the wheel until a slot screw comes around on the rear drum
remove that screw
slide the steering shaft out of the rear of the intermediate (that's why the drive had to come off)
keep track of wave washer and nylon washer
unbolt cable bracket from intermediate

horseflysc

Cadet

Thanks - that was just too easy, took all of 3 minutes. Don't know why that wasn't in my manuals!

ubeturas

Recruit

rv temporary housing RV rental is a great way to spend a weekend at a calm natural hill station or valley as it gives the ease of having your own traveling vehicle along with the facility of spending your nights in a moveable room. These are becoming very popular among masses. Millions of people are falling fans to these magnificently helpful vehicles. They are best known for providing the atmosphere of a real campsite while traveling to far off places.

It is all possible because these RV?s are equipped with the proper facilities of a kitchen and a room to spend your time