1988 28 hp...cooling sytem overhaul....any futher tips/suggestions???

stevo10081984

Seaman Apprentice
i have a new water pump, lower unit still off, i have a new thermostat, water cover still off, should i pump some water through this thing? and where from, i should note the po used silly cone on the water cover, i scraped that mess off...and the impeller didnt look bad to me, but it wasnt working right...it would take almost a minute before it would pee, anything i should look for or do at this point....thanks in advance, im in the garage right now, and this thing is going back together today

jasper60103

Commander
Re: 1988 28 hp...cooling sytem overhaul....any futher tips/suggestions???

i have a new water pump, lower unit still off, i have a new thermostat, water cover still off, should i pump some water through this thing? and where from, i should note the po used silly cone on the water cover, i scraped that mess off...and the impeller didnt look bad to me, but it wasnt working right...it would take almost a minute before it would pee, anything i should look for or do at this point....thanks in advance, im in the garage right now, and this thing is going back together today

When I had the head off my 30, I connected a low pressure garden house to the water tube to flush out the passages. Then installed a new thermostat and water pump kit to be safe.