Daughter lives in Japan, emailed me this a.m. at 0245

ezbtr

Commander
That she b/f and his family ok, they 2 hours south of Tokyo in Tokushima , worried :(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Daughter lives in Japan, emailed me this a.m. at 0245

Heinz, Yes it is a situation to worry about however, I think if you have heard they are okay ....that still does not account for the work ahead.

All of the people are in my prayer's

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Glad to hear they are OK. I have contacted all but one of my business contacts over there so far. Hope he gets in touch soon.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to hear they are safe. We are finally hearing from several former foreign exchange students. One in Tokyo and one from farther north in Japan. Both are OK. In Toyko, many are just staying at work since the trains are not running but are starting to worry about food.

mphy98

Lieutenant

Yes food will become a major concern. They do not stock food in house like we do here. Daily shopping is a must for most. Glad to hear that they are OK. Prayers are with them.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

The exodus from Japan will begin soon......

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Good to hear your family's OK Heinz, are you able to SKYPE (audio and video) with your daughter or talk over the phone.

ezbtr

Commander

Good to hear your family's OK Heinz, are you able to SKYPE (audio and video) with your daughter or talk over the phone.

tryin to be available, only FB updates so far. sayin they ok....they 18 hrs ahead...

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Happy they are ok ez, I would advise you to get them home though, as soon as its possible

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Just FYI Fellas, Germany, France and Switzerland are telling all non essential citizens to get out of Japan as soon as possible, I understand ez that its a difficult situation but I believe the worst is far from over. That many people need certain things to survive in todays world, if it was me it would be an adventure......in fact if I wasn't obligated to provide for my wife and children here I would be on a plane to help over there in a minute......but not for my children.

In any event my families thoughts and prayers are with you and yours ez

ezbtr

Commander

tryin to get her to come back , will keep all posted.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Good luck ez, Osaka looks to be her best bet, reports are that some airlines may not land in Tokyo for long due to rising radiation counts, Russia and China have already made the call not to fly into Tokyo, Fukushima 2 has successfully shut down all four reactors (the closer Nuclear reactor to Tokyo) so it looks like the rising radiation is from Fukushima 1 further north

Thoughts and prayers

ezbtr

Commander

Bri and Junpei insisting they safe in southern Japan, but when, not if, the winds blow south, they going to have problems, that country is screwed for decades, so sad, they work so hard. Hope she comes home, at least for awhile, can always go back!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Do Daughters ever stop giving their fathers gray hair?

Thoughts and prayers ezbtr

bassman284

Commander

Thinking about you ez. Hard times.