Where can I get interior pieces for my 1991 Eclipse 186 ?

itsmetracye1960

Recruit
I recently traded for a 1991 Wellcraft Eclipse 186 and it is missing both side storage panels. I am having a hard time finding photos to see what they looked like. Any idea on where i might find used pieces? Ebay so far has been no help. what about a service manual? thanks in advance This boat is pretty rough but the mechanicals are sound. are these considered good boats? thanks in advance. I am new to forum.

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where can I get interior pieces for my 1991 Eclipse 186 ?

Are you looking for a mechanical service manual, or one for the rest of the hull, interior, etc? The Mercruiser mechanical manuals used to be posted but were removed. Not sure if they ever posted another valid link.
There are several boat salvage yards, just have to google them. Finding interior parts can be very difficult for these older boats. Wellcraft may be of some help.

itsmetracye1960

Recruit

Thanks for your suggestions. I plan on rebuilding the interior myself. Its relatively easy when you have the old pieces for patterns, thats why i was needing pics for the interior of the boat. I do not know if the boat came this way but there are no seats except the two bucket seats in the main cockpit area ? If anyone has pics of the interior of my boat I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Mercruiser Manual that covers 1986 thru 1992 . The previous owner replaced the starter prior to my purchase and it appears the be the wrong one. The motor is a 4.3 V6. They turned in the old starter for a core so I have no clue what the old one looked like. The one installed now appears to be a GM metric (small in size) high torque. Does that appear to be the correct one for 1991 ? It does not engage properly when you turn it over. I appreciate all help, comments, pics.

firecapt13

Seaman

I have a 1992 Eclipse. Mine has a normal looking starter. I can get some pics of the interior for you. What does the rear seat area of yours look like? Mine has a doghouse over motor then a removable seat on each side. I want a rear bench with large sundeck just havent gotten around to it.

ls1geezer

Cadet

You may have them already, but I have a 1990 Eclipse 186 and will be glad to take and send you some pictures. I'm guessing mine looks similar to firecapt13's layout. Good luck:)