price of parts

tony murray

Cadet
any and all input would be good.
Part for mercury engines here in brisbane, to me seem so expensive........eg I was quoted $157 for each carby repair kit for my blueband 70 horse...as i need two it seems a lot..........over $300, then theres the mech bill for the work........I wonder whether its cheaper buying new carbs and just bolting them on!
i wonder whether parts are cheaper in the states and ship them over, has anyone done this? is it vaiable.........
any input would be good.
cheers

RRitt

Captain
Re: price of parts

Best prices on parts is through the internet. Whatever is best price you find on the internet is also going to be the best we can find in states.

Hubboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Internet should have the best prices. I am just starting to search for parts too, what are the primary, discount parts for Merc parts that y'all suggest?

Thanks,
John

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

John, It depends what parts you need. iBoats sells tune up and maintenance parts, ebasicpower.com does as well.

If you need unusual electrical parts, CDIElectronics.com and oldmercs.com and vintagemercs.com. If you need other parts crowleymarine.com and dougrussell.com

Hubboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ah, thanks for reminding me about about ebasicpower Chris. I ordered quite a bit of parts from them, nice website, prices. I am looking for Quicksilver parts (from what I hear they are the best to go with), will see if they carry them. Thanks

James R

Commander

Try Boats.net. i use them all the time. About 20% off list and excellent service.

justchecking

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This worked for us. We exported some high end equipment. We hooked up with an airline pilot who picked up not only his parts from from us, but occasionally parts for others. We shipped to the pilot flop house in LA and he picked up from there and took aboard his luggage.

(RC airplane parts, nothing illegal. :eek:)

If you can hook up with an airline pilot - or better yet - a STEWARDESS :cool: your set.

Mi duckdown

Commander

Tony you will not find new carbs. they are like hens teeth.
PM Me

Hubboat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Justchecking - why not just ship the parts? I don't see this working with US made (I think), domestic OEM outboard parts.