Anyone else use the self centering rollers on bunk trailer?

I put some on last year and wished Id done it before I tore a whole in hull last summer :facepalm:...they are really slick for power loading I went with the 12 inch ones and it can be windy as heck and you can be off and boom you hit that first roller and no worries from that point on!...just thought Id share :)

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Anyone else use the self centering rollers on bunk trailer?

yep, best thing since sliced bread..... should be illegal to manufacture trailers without em

kailec00

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Could you attach a photo? Sounds like this is pretty cool and I have yet to see one. Would like to see how it works before I try and put one on my trailer.

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class

At the Miami boat show i was chatting with a chap from Australia and he said we have our heads up our butts with our trailer designs. He said every trailer in Australia has guides on them to center the boat. He said the used wooden guides in a V shape at the end of the trailer and covered the wood with the Plastic slide stuff. He had a video of him launching his boat and showed me how they worked. Construction of the guides has begun. He was selling a automatic latch system for the trailers that looked like a nice feature but at $500 he was a bit off in price. We have Chinese made ones here already for half of that. Just my 2 cents.