Mercury 25 or 30 EFI reviews

Bonstrosity

Seaman Apprentice
I've searched the forums and haven't come up with much on these motors. I am thinking about putting one of these on my 1985 16 foot lund pro pike. Currently I have a 1985 Johnson 40 2 stroke on there. Does anyone have any feedback about these motors? I know I'll be losing some power and gaining some weight but I am looking for a little smoother/quieter operation while being a little easier on gas. I can find a couple used ones for around $2500.

lsucole

Cadet
Re: Mercury 25 or 30 EFI reviews

I just replaced an older 40 2strk. with a 2010 merc. 30 4strk. Once I got the right prop, it is great ! I have it on a center console C.S. j-16. Top end on mine is 27.5 m.p.h. @ 6000 rpm,s ( 6250 is the max). The difference in fuel mileage is unreal -- I never realized what a gas hog my old 40 was. Tohatsu makes the small 30 on down for Merc -- you might find a better price that way. Good luck !

sxmerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I sell a ton of these little guys, the majority of which get mounted on new Lunds. Good little motors. One consistant problem with them is the water pump impeller. Very flimsy material used in constuction. The don't last very long, and they don't stand up to any type of sand ingestion at all. I'm constantly replacing pumps for customers. Other than that, they have been good motors.

Bonstrosity

Seaman Apprentice

Does anyone have a good place to purchase one of these? I found some that are "fish camp" motors but I am unsure of these b/c I bet they are beaten for the seasons that they are used.