throttle lever 1993 xr6 150

dave2092

Seaman
hey guys it been a while since my last post. Well I I have a question on the the 150. throttle lever adjust. After the install of the pistons and rings, rebuilt fuel pump new powerhead cover ect.. I made sure I documented everything on how to put back together. Well went to start today fired right up but the first attemped when started really high idle (only let run for like half second scared the heck out me after all that work!!!). Pop the linkage off to close the carbs ran fine. any ideas on how to adjust the throttle lever. This is what I got from selco. NO offense I really do not like there product it is very cut and dry.

Loosen the locknut on the full throttle stop screw.

Move the throttle lever forward until the lever contacts the full throttle stop screw.

Rotate the screw until all the throttle shutters are fully open. A slight clearance should be maintained between the throttle shaft arm and the stop on the manifold.

Check for free play at the cam follower roller and the throttle cam. This indicates there is no binding of the throttle linkage.

Readjust the full throttle stop screw, if required

Sounds great but no pics!!! or hey start here look here.. You get the point.

Thanks, Dave