About to purchase...What do you guys think?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: About to purchase...What do you guys think?

I hope its a lot lot less than $10K

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

If that's the size and type boat that you want, it boils down to price and condition. Bayliners of that vintage are notorious for rot in the cockpit sole (a.k.a. "deck"), stringers, and transom.

free2speed

Cadet

its 3k guys w/ trailer and bimini :p

I got on the boat and its pretty sturdy(deck wise)

NYBo

Admiral

That's on the high side, but the newer Merc adds a lot to the value. The boat sure looks good in the video, but you still need to carefully check those wooden components.

free2speed

Cadet

That's on the high side, but the newer Merc adds a lot to the value. The boat sure looks good in the video, but you still need to carefully check those wooden components.

thanks alot NYBo but what do you mean by merc, sorry new to this thats why I came for guidance. Oh n he threw a GPS(if its not a standard nowadays). And its a 19'.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

its 3k guys w/ trailer and bimini :p

I got on the boat and its pretty sturdy(deck wise)

That sounds like a great deal with that motor on it. As mentioned, your biggest concern is rot in the wooden components of the hull. ANY soft spots in the deck could be indicative of rot below deck in the stringers. Fixable but it would be a big job.

^^^^ What EZ said. Carefully check EVERYWHERE on the deck for any deflection at all. Also check for flexing in the transom (what the motor is bolted to). If there is any it won't be long before the rebuild starts. BTW, Merc is short for Mercury, the make of the motor.

Mr-T

Cadet

I'm not a big Bayliner fan but if your a good do-it-yourselfer you can change out any wood rot if it has any. Good luck and happy boating!