Need comments on diffent epoxy's

mattsunray

Recruit
Hi everyone!

I have a gouge on the side of my boat about 3-4 in long, under water line, not down to the wood. Been reading posts on how to prep but I would like to do the job once and there are so many diffent kinds of epoxy's to use to repair it. I will list them and wondering if you could give me some likes/dislikes and/or pros/cons of them and if you have anyother ones that you have tryed. Thanks

-Marine-Tex www.marinetex.com
-PC-11 www.pcepoxy.com/our-products/paste-epoxies/pc-11.php
-3M Automix Truck Line Adhesives http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECIE20S4K7_nid=5XF7221LKSbeQH8HT14PGTgl
-Bondo http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...E3E02LECFTDQCEK3_nid=8F92LZHB50beFDKXQL309Jgl

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need comments on diffent epoxy's

Ayuh,... Marine-tex will do the job,...

Haven't used the others....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Marine Tex and PC-11 are almost identical. PC-11 is less expensive. They will both do the job.

Allbutwet

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome mattsunray.
I used West system epoxy. I had allot to do and liked the idea of thier pre-measured pump system.:)

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

You asked about epoxy, the bondo isn't epoxy, the Marine tex and PC-11 are used frequently with few complants. The truck stuff, who knows, the only concern would be if its thick enough to hold without sagging, other than that it should work fine.

mattsunray

Recruit

sorry your right the bondo is not epoxy. at the end of my research that day all i was seeing epoxy. :)

mattsunray

Recruit

The west system it looks something like the 3M Automix Truck Line Adhesives. Thank you i'll check it out.