Splashed!! 73 16ft ss

flatsider45

Seaman
Hey guys and gals! Finally got my little 16 footer wet for the first time this past Sunday.It went and came back! LOL.I took the wife out for her maiden voyage and seeing the smile on her face was worth every minute I spent on this resto.My face was hurting to from grinning all day long as well.It ran out absoutly perfect! The 70hp Johnnyrude with the 19 pitch prop pushed us around the lake at a respectable 38.6 mph by the Lowrance Elite5 gps.at 5250 to 5300 rpm.the boat was loaded pretty well with a 29 series battery up front at about 65 lbs a Minn Kota V2 Co pilot at 56 lbs a 65 lb tackle bag,"I know.Got tackle?"Eight rods, two coolers and 12gals.of gas.The Johnny put her on the pad in about 3.5 to 4 seconds.Water temp was 54.2 degrees which is denser water than summertime water.I believe she will top 40mph in the right conditions but all in all I was pretty proud of her.Put it on the trailer with no effort and pulled the plug ,no water! dry as a bone.Got a lot of looks and questions at the ramp and one offer to buy it.Guess what I said. Thanks to all the help from you folks, it has made it all worthwile.Thanks alot guys!!

GT2010

Seaman
Re: Splashed!! 73 16ft ss

I can't wait until I splash mine; a 72 16ft ss. Do you have a resto thread so I can see pics or upload them in this post.

I know you had to have fun. My wife, who has never really had an interest, is now making plans to do a lot of boating since she sees her coming together.

flatsider45

Seaman

Yes,I have a photobucket on my posting 73 Super Sport 16ft.done!! How far are you along on yours?

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Congratulations are in order. Good job!

rickryder

Commander

Flatsider45... would your screen name be a Harley reference?

Congrats on your project!

Huron Angler

Admiral

So how much did you sell it for?:p:D

In all seriousness...congrats and well done. Always nice to hear of another successful maiden voyage brought to you by iboats and the starmada:)

Sounds like pretty good performance on the 70hp...I'd love to find the same motor for my rig. How did she do on fuel consumption?

No video of the splash? (maybe next time):D

flatsider45

Seaman

As a matter of fact it is,along with my hand gun choice and boats as well! Thanks for the kudos!

rickryder

Commander

Anytime Bro! Myself 74 Sporty XLCH.... Ride Safe!

flatsider45

Seaman

It did very well on fuel as far as I can tell.I haven't sat down to figure out the gals per hour yet but I didn't run it full bore alot that day mostly cruised around at about 4000 rpm.I know I wont have to put any in it this weekend though. Yea,about the video,In my haste to get to the lake I left the camera at home to my wifes dismay because no pics of the large mouths she caught that day.I won't be forgetting it again any time soon!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

As a matter of fact it is,along with my hand gun choice and boats as well! Thanks for the kudos!

I was always assuming it was in reference to my all time fav sidearm..
CONGRATZ on the splash! there is nothing quite like it, is there?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I will deduct two happy points for no pics/vid of this epic event.
Its like being away on business and the wife says..."Baby So and So took her first step..No pics..sorry"

GT2010

Seaman

I went to your photo bucket and your pics are fantastic. You really did a clean job. I have recently installed the deck, transom, and reinstalled the motor. Hope to get a lot done this weekend. I would be thrilled to get mine in the water by the 12th of March.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Congrats man!!!!:D:D:D

OOooohhhaaakkkkk, but I can't see any cool happenings!! Oh rats.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Well of course CONGRATS are in order.:D
But NO Pics???? After all we have been through you just throw us to the ditch???:facepalm:
You said you had gas for this weekend so we will pretend this is your maiden voyage.;) Remember the camera :mad:

Your not too far away from the mob. We have eyes and ears everywhere.:eek:

dozerII

Admiral

Congrats on the maiden voyage, glad everything went as planned. A little envious of the fact you have soft water to take the boat too. According to the long range forcast I have lots of time to get the SS ready for a float this year. Looking forward to the photos.
Glen

barato2

Commander

not sure our threats scare him any more....he has worse things than the angry mob to fear:

my wifes dismay because no pics of the large mouths she caught that day