Alpha one oudrive oil.

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I am going to be replacing the fluid in my alpha one outdrive, can someone tell me how many quarts it takes?:rolleyes:

IES99

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Alpha one oudrive oil.

I am going to be replacing the fluid in my alpha one outdrive, can someone tell me how many quarts it takes?:rolleyes:

Yes, it takes one quart,but you need to buy two because of the way you install it (spillage, etc). Do you have a pump to put in the quart bottles.

greg82255

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It usually takes me about 1 and 1/3 quarts.. you need to drain the old fluid by removing both the drain screw at the bottom and the vent screw at the top. Then you hook up the pump to the drain hole in the bottom and to your quart of lube and pump the fluid in from the bottom until you see it coming out of the vent hole at the top.

Also make sure you use new drain screw gaskets. I just replaced the gear lube and it leaked out because the drain screw gasket was bad. Only a $20 mistake, but still annoying to have to do it again. Gaskets cost like 75 cents for a set of 2.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... 1 won't do it, 'n with 2 you'll have abit of Extra....