SeaKing 45gg-9014A - help on taking lower unit off

egibsontx

Cadet
I wanted to know has anyone taken a Gale 5S10/Seaking lower unit off and steps to do so. Will an impeller of and 5D10 work on mine. I would also like to know where does the water exit from. I see a few vents but no water exits there. A bit lower is a single hole that streams out only when I hit top part of pivot area with water. I have a feeling wobbler is bad. It also seems to get hot and act as though its choking down to stall. Other than that it wants to run nicely. Sorry all the questions but any advice or help is appreciated.
:confused:
Engine Front.jpg
Engine Left.jpg
Lower Unit.jpg

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: SeaKing 45gg-9014A - help on taking lower unit off

So why do you want to take the lower unit off? The water pump is just forward of the propeller.

Remove the propeller, and hub. Remove the two screws holding the pump cover and the cover. There is the wobbler (rotor), looking at you.

Water is supposed to slobber out those chevron slots. And most everywhere else too.

egibsontx

Cadet

One more question, Ive got an 5D10 impeller/wobbler, will it work on my 5S10?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Not even close

steelestandn

Seaman Apprentice

Hey, egibsontx have you ever purchased an impeller for your 5d10? Is there some place you can find a replacement that doesnt have to be drilled out? sorry for poaching on your thread.

3rdtimesthecharm

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey, egibsontx have you ever purchased an impeller for your 5d10? Is there some place you can find a replacement that doesnt have to be drilled out? sorry for poaching on your thread.

I found one at seaway.com