new boater need help!

boatkid9234

Recruit
Hello all so im new to the forum so if i am posting in the wrong thread just tell me.
well my family and i are looking into getting a boat just to fool around in a bay with. No hard core fishing. Maybe some here and there and go out tubing wit a friend or two nothing major. But what size boat would be good for a bay. I have been in a 16 ft wahoo (whaler knock off) and it wasnt very stable or comfortable. I was thinking something more along the lines of like a 17-18 foot sea ray or like a sea doo jet boat and it cant be overly expensive... lets just stick to the price off a 5 yr old or less boat... even new
thank you everyone for reading this,
Ryan

LundFish

Cadet
Re: new boater need help!

For that size, the cheapest boat for what you want will probably be the seadoo. It has power and looks and the right size. Cant really go wrong. That is a really good size for everything you want to do. Second probably a Bayliner or something.

Silverskeeter

Seaman
Re: new boater need help!

I would say a bayliner would be the way to go with a family and what not. You are gonna get to the point wehere you just want to relax and not run around all the time.Gas also counts into this factor cha-ching $$.Maybe something with a biminy top so the wife does't get cranky too quickly when you are anchored or eating lunch.And not that I favor bayliner I just say for the money and first boat its somethin to think about.Good luck and research as much as possible !