2005 Hurricane FunDeck 196 Boat Cover Experience??

billyjoe46

Recruit
I just bought a used 2005 Hurricane FunDeck 196 and am seeking an aftermarket boat cover. The original OEM cover from Godfrey is shot and did not protect the outer sides of the perimeter fence or the upper hull area so there has been much fading of the fence paint and decals. I now want a cover that will protect the playpen area and the sides of fence and the top portion of the hull. I have been looking in the typical websites like boatcovers.com and boatcoversdirect.com and boat-cover.net but the covers there do not seem like a good fit for this boat. They also want a substantial Restocking Fee if I have to return an ill-fitting cover. My Fundeck 196 measures to 18'10" from bow to stern at the centerline and has a beam of 7'7" at the widest point. The playpen measures 17'5" by 7'. Most of the covers online are for a bow to stern of 19'6" and an 8' beam which seems to be quite oversized and will probably leave a lot of excess hanging down all around the boat. So, my question is: HAVE ANY 2005 FUNDECK 196 OWNERS OUT THERE BOUGHT AN AFTERMARKET COVER THAT FITS WELL - AND IF SO, WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM?? ALTERNATELY, HAS ANYONE FOUND A LOW COST SUPPLIER OF CUSTOM COVERS THAT WOULD FIT WELL WITHOUT COSTING TWO ARMS AND TWO LEGS??

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 2005 Hurricane FunDeck 196 Boat Cover Experience??

Hello,

I don't think you're going to find an aftermarket cover of this type. I had a canvas shop make this, and it protected to the waterline.

And I'm armless and legless....

26MAY10%20435.jpg

billyjoe46

Recruit
Re: 2005 Hurricane FunDeck 196 Boat Cover Experience??

Hi Bear - I like your cover very much and am looking for something similar. Online covers do show pictures that I like where the cover drapes over the top and the rails, but their size specs don't fit my boat very well... so I'm just hoping someone out there has bought one and got a good fit. However, thanks for the feedback, I'll keep the custom option in mind albeit low on the affordability list!