47th year on the water!

dave27615

Recruit
This is my late father-in-law's 1964 Westfield Custom. It came to me about 15 years ago and every time I decide to get a new boat I just can't bring myself to get rid of her.

Maybe time for a re-power though since I'm leaving an oil slick everywhere I go with the 1976 Merc.

mfg1.jpg

mfg2.jpg

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 47th year on the water!

Welcome to iboats! Great looking boat. Where are you located? The bottom pix looks like a lake in Central Ohio. Any 2 stroke is going to leave the slick.

dave27615

Recruit

Appreciate the welcome. I'm located in Raleigh. The bottom pic is one of our local lakes last week. The Westfield actually looks better now after I cleaned her a bit.

Woody550

Cadet

Great to hear about the boat! The image links are broken right now.
I have my grandfather's '64 Westfield Custom as well. Enjoy the boat and don't part with it :)

mr 88

Commander

I am a grandfather LOL and will be pouring a transom in a month or so on my 67 Westy.I picked up a 66 65Merc to power her with, so Dave how fast will she go?I see you have a speedo on dash and maybe a GPS/speedometer on your fishfinder.Yours or should I say mine has the same sunNfun seats and color scheme, minus the rally stripe.

dave27615

Recruit

You know, that speedo has said zero for years. I'm going to fix it this spring. And that depth finder is way before GPS. I can only say she'll go plenty fast (and the rally stripe probably adds a few mph ...).