Attention Veritas Honus, your mailbox is full AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Dude empty your mail already, been trying to PM you for over a month empty your box!!

Or don't I understand if you don't like me anymore:facepalm:

sasto

Captain
Re: Attention Veritas Honus, your mailbox is full AGAIN

.......and how did you get that name veritas honus?

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Dude... Mea culpa... And I'm sorry, too:redface:

Didn't know it was full. Shoulda "Duded" me a month ago;). I'll just have to take care of that before ya has ta breaks out da Barrett:rolleyes:.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

.......and how did you get that name veritas honus?

Well, before ya go tinkin' I'm overeducated; let me assure you, I do not speak Latin... Just very intrigued by the language. In the Military (Army, anyway); and I'm not even sure about all of the army, but every Special Operations Unit has a slogan which is always expressed in latin. Every Ranger has volunteered for that honor/duty. The slogan of the 75th Ranger Regiment is Sua Sponte which means "Of their own accord". I developed a Love for these slogans and the eloquence of the Latin language. I'd had this thought that if by some bizarre quirk of fate, I ever ascend high enough in rank to command a newly structured battalion, and was allowed the honor of creating the units slogan, it would be ''Truth and Honor'', the most important traits of any soldier, any human being for that matter. When I did the research to translate it, I found many words for honor, and none of them seemed to flow very smoothly, to say the least. In continuing my search, I found that "honus" actually means "(and) honor"... Done deal!!! Veritas Honus it is (or shall be). Well, it, of course, never happened... But It's stayed with me all these years. It's what I wanted to name my boat (and still do), but my wife vetoed it because it doesn't have a cool ring.:facepalm: I say the meaning says it all, but she's still the Admiral, I suppose:rolleyes:. My boat remains unamed at the moment, but on iboats... I do not:D

Last edited:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Oh... And by the way... You can PM me now, that is, if ya still wants ta:redface:.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I did.....

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

And of course...I just couldn't let it slide anymore everytime I try to PM you I get the server message "he is too freaking busy for you or he has a life and doesn't want to talk to you or his mailbox is full again and he is too lazy to hit the delete button"

Bondo

Staff member

Done deal!!! Veritas Honus it is (or shall be). Well, it, of course, never happened... But It's stayed with me all these years.

Ayuh,... Cool story,... Learned something today, Thanks,....;)

1 more for the post count too, yaknow.....:D

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Ayuh,... Cool story,... Learned something today, Thanks,....;)

1 more for the post count too, yaknow.....

"yaknow":confused:... Are you hungry? ya want some yak, now? Or do you need a large object moved now?... I don't get it:confused::rolleyes:...

Just messin' wit ya, Bondo... I hit extra buttons all the time. Made some pretty humerous words meeself while posting... Recently, too (believe it or not):rolleyes::D.

Always good to hear from ya, Bondo.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

And of course...I just couldn't let it slide anymore everytime I try to PM you I get the server message "he is too freaking busy for you or he has a life and doesn't want to talk to you or his mailbox is full again and he is too lazy to hit the delete button"

Dude, when I programmed the iboats PM system to default message only you this way, I never expected it to actually work!!!:rolleyes:;):D... The "too lazy to hit the delete button" one must've been a virus;).

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

See and all the time I figured my wife had gotten to you..........

sasto

Captain

Thanks.....veritas honus, for the explaination. Truth and Honor are one of the very few things we can take to the grave with us. I also imagine you live up to your name ;)......as I do mine. :facepalm:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks.....veritas honus, for the explaination. Truth and Honor are one of the very few things we can take to the grave with us. I also imagine you live up to your name ;)......as I do mine. :facepalm:

Thank you for the kind words, sasto. I live my life as I want my children to live.

When you say your name:facepalm:... Is this in reference to "Sicker than others"?

sasto

Captain

Thank you for the kind words, sasto. I live my life as I want my children to live.

When you say your name:facepalm:... Is this in reference to "Sicker than others"?

Yup, was a name given to my old boat by others, not me. :rolleyes:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Yup, was a name given to my old boat by others, not me. :rolleyes:

I thought that it was a referrence to your interests, in your public profile. I thought that was pretty cool. I think the naming of one of your boats by those who know you may very well be even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.