Yamaha - no haggle pricing

BuckyBadger

Seaman Apprentice
I was at a boat show this spring and had a fairly lengthy discussion with the Yamaha dealer. When the subject of price came up I was told that Yamaha prices were set by the manufacturer and the dealers are required to honor that pricing. I was offered a slight discount and 2.9% financing if I bought at the boat show. Just wondering if everybody here paid sticker?

I was looking at the 21' and compared to a prop rig the price seemed fair, but given the market conditions I would think that there is always room to negotiate. I would be interested to hear what your new Yamaha purchase experience was like.

What about left over inventory, is it discounted? The dealer I talked to did not have any 2010's, just wondering if it is worth my time to check that out.

ECVCHAMP

Seaman
Re: Yamaha - no haggle pricing

A freind of mine just got a 2010 AR240 from the dealer for 38k and the price this time last year was 44k. I went with him for the test run last weekend, it was cold and choppy. That thing handled great, so he took it.

gsxr150

Seaman

I too would like to know the same thing... My wife and I are thinking about upgrading to an AR240 Limited S, 2012 model. Now I would guess they are selling for list in the spring, but mid summer wouldn't they go down in price? I saw a 2011 left over Limited 2 for 40k at some dealership. When is my best time to buy? I might call the owner of the Yamaha dealer here in town and have a conversation with him... Thoughts?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Spring isn't the best time to talk prices with any dealer. Try right now and check the Yammy site to see what incentives they're offering. I would have to think that prices are MSRP - Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price not fixed in stone.

86 century

Ensign

No hagle priceing is a nice way of saying pay our price or no deal.
If I cant get them to do a little bit I would buy a differnt brand or go to another dealer.

Make an offer worst they can say is no what would that hurt.

gsxr150

Seaman

Boat trader is showing a new 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited for $38,999. If I recall this was the price back in August as well. Seems promising if a guy wants a 2012 later this coming summer.