Switch panel question......

clent586

Cadet
I have searched the threads that might answer my question, but have yet to find it. I am putting a small simple 3 or 4 switch panel in a duck/mud boat. I don't need anything fancy but need it to be weather resistant and dependable. I will be running nav lights, bilge and DC outlet (cig lighter) for spot light. There is really nowhere to hide the wires so clutter free is the key. It is going to be a task just to mount the switches. The guy who had the boat before me had wires running everywhere and I want to avoid this. I have wired other baots with fuse panels and switches, but always had a place under consoles, etc. to keep the runs out of the elements. The run from the battery to the switch(s) location is around 4-5 feet or so. I am probably complicating this but any info is appreciated.

My question(s) are:
1. Do these switch panels come with a negative(-) terminal block attached or do I need to rig up a negative block?

2. If the panels don't come with the negative block, how is the most efficient and clutter free way to rig one up independent of the panel?

3. If I decide against the fused switched panel, what would be the suggestion to fuse these circuits and just go with a switch?

clent586

Cadet
Re: Switch panel question......

That is actually the exact panel I am looking at but I don't believe it has the (-) bar built in unless I am wrong. As far as the spiral wrap, I have several bags of loom but I think I am going with 1/2" PVC to enclose the wiring. My boots will inevitably find a way to rip that loom all to pieces! Thanks for the suggestions.