1975 Evinrude 70hp Please Help!

rapala#1

Cadet
I have a 1975 70 hp Evinrude outboard, for some reason the 3rd carb(the lowest) will not run, the other 2 are fine. it has fire on all cylinders and good compression last i checked, I just had the carbs cleaned, fuel lines replaced and it still only runs the top 2. I tried everything i can think of and im still stuck. Right now my top speed is 6.5 and it should be 35. why is it not running, someone told me it was fuel not getting to it and i believe him i just cant figure out how to fix it. the fuel pump looks only a year or two old. The last thing is why the bottom one, why doesn't gravity help out any?
Thanks for the help

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1975 Evinrude 70hp Please Help!

You may have a restriction in the fuel line to that carb. It could be pinched or getting pinched by the linkage movement, or it could be a piece of rubber inside that line shutting down the fuel flow. Double check the linkage connections.

rapala#1

Cadet

You may have a restriction in the fuel line to that carb. It could be pinched or getting pinched by the linkage movement, or it could be a piece of rubber inside that line shutting down the fuel flow. Double check the linkage connections.

Already checked, not the problem.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

If it's true that there is no fuel getting to the cylinder, then neither is any oil. Run a compression check on all cylinders..

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Take it out with air silencer cover off and squirt some pre-mix in that cyl. If it picks up you'll know it's a defineate fuel prob.