Humminbrd Fish Finder Problem Anyone Help?

Voges123

Seaman Apprentice
Im gonna buy a humminbird matrix 97 fish finder that im buying from a guy an it hasnt been used in 2 years its been in the box unopened for that long an he hooked it up to an across the screen he says it beeps an says alarm cause it has low voltage?he said he has perfect charged optima batteries.does anyone no what may cause this thanks!!!!

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant
Re: Humminbrd Fish Finder Problem Anyone Help?

I don't think they alarm for low voltage... Depth alarms.. fish alarms

Voges123

Seaman Apprentice

ill have to talk to the guy.cause he said alarm or soemthing goes across the screen when its at 12v but at lower volts it wont do it.thanks for the response

ultra353

Petty Officer 1st Class

On my matix 17 I can set the alarm to go off at any voltage that i set it at. This way i can tell when my battery is getting low.

Voges123

Seaman Apprentice

ok so what is the alarm for im not to familar with the humminbird?so the fish finder tells you when ur battery is getting low?

ultra353

Petty Officer 1st Class

Exactly. If you set the alarm to go off on the fishfinder at 12.5v or any other voltage you choose, when the battery drains down to that voltage the alarm will sound. Its a nice feature to let you know how your batterys holding up. Hope this helps

mphy98

Lieutenant

My hummingbird side imaging unit has the low input voltage alarm. I like that feature. On the old boat I had a dual battery setup so I never worried about it, but it was nice to have.

Voges123

Seaman Apprentice

yea i understand the alaram once the battery is going low but the abtteries are fully charged etc an it still says that.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

yea i understand the alaram once the battery is going low but the abtteries are fully charged etc an it still says that.

Have you checked the batteries? Just because they've been on the charger for a while doesn't mean they took a charge. Run it by AutoZone (or any place with a tester) and make sure the battery good.